Members of the Social Venture Circuit community make a commitment to “responsible and sustainable social enterprise practices for community impact and a better economy”.
We support organizations, for-profit and non-profit, who both:
- generate revenue from the sale of products and services, and
- have a core mandate to generate positive impact through their social, cultural or environmental objectives.
Our members make a commitment to:
- Adopt activities and policies to continuously improve and grow the organization’s positive impact and economic sustainability in a responsible manner
- Build structures for strategic planning and governance that show a commitment to their social, cultural and/or environmental goals
- Use market-based mechanisms to generate revenue and invest in their impact goals
- Engage with relevant communities and leaders to thoroughly understand pressing issues and plan for change
- Set Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that reflect their social, cultural and/or environmental goals and a balanced focus on community impact and better economy
- Review and report on performance at least annually based on KPIs set
- Contributing to the social enterprise community through collaboration, peer support and active participation